Differences are central to broadening our perspectives, creating thoughtful leaders and sparking new ideas. So, we are diligent about creating an environment that is inclusive and truly diverse. Our students, faculty and staff come from different backgrounds — intellectually, ethnically, economically and geographically — and we wouldn't have it any other way.
See what’s happening today.
Explore what makes us Northwestern.
- Dragon 6012 1 35 JS-2 Stalin II Tank
- Powerful Collaborations
- Revell AUTOGRAPHED 1974 Don Schumacher's Vega Funny 1 25 Model Car Mountain
- Lionel o27 amtrak full vista dome car 9105-NEW
A truly welcoming community.
- Kato 4949727007229 De10 Diesel Locomotive cultivates inclusive learning environments through programs that foster meaningful dialogue.
- Roden Plastic Models 441 1 48 North American T-28B Trojan Aircraft provides programming that creates opportunities for community engagement and identity expression.
- Academic Programs & Centers, home to majors, minors and research opportunities related to identity, social disparities and diversity.
Crossing academic disciplines.
Northwestern scholars are tackling some of our world’s most complex problems. These are bold goals that can only be accomplished through collaboration across diverse fields of study.
Some of our most exciting projects bring together disciplines for new partnerships.
- Toy Story 4 Hamm Figure 15CM, a team of technologists, journalists and designers advancing news media innovation
- Vintage CIJ Europarc 3 6 - CITROEN AMI 3 Cv. - France Superbe MIB a graduate program covering a broad spectrum of scientific and engineering disciplines
- The Global Health Studies Minor, studying international issues with a public health focus
- Modelkit Revell Mil MI-8T on 1 72 in Box, a network of medical specialists, scientists and scholars exploring fertility preservation in cancer patients
Making an impact, everywhere.
Northwestern is no ivory tower. It’s a launching pad to every corner of the globe.
More than 32% of undergraduates supplement their academic studies with an international experience, such as field study, cultural immersion or exchange abroad. Our faculty collaborate with organizations and scholars around the world to advance research.
- Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix Popco ROOM OF REQUIREMENT Playset NEW BOXED, located in more than 20 countries around the world
- Ford F-150 2015 red 1 24 Scala Welly 24063R Nuovo, study abroad options focused on service learning and community involvement
- TRUMPETER 01019 1 35 SOVIET 9P117M1 LAUNCHER W 9K72 MISSILE 'ELBRUS' (SCUD-B), a site for collaborative international scholarship
- Global and Research Opportunities (GRO) at Northwestern, a database showcasing all opportunities for international travel, learning and research experiences
The thrill of new connections.
It’s not just our state-of-the-art facilities or generous funding that makes Northwestern one of the most exciting major research universities in the country. It’s our mindset.
Our curiosity leads us to seek out the unexpected; our ambition leads us to work past mistakes to milestones. This unique environment fosters significant research across every discipline.
- Lionel O’GAUGE LOTNo.63561, No.6457, No.6462 All W Original Box’s +1956 T Mag, including more than 90 school-based centers and more than 50 University centers
- Undergraduate Research (UR@NU), an office providing unique opportunities for undergraduates to do independent projects
- Patrulla Canina Vehículo Transformable con Sonido Paw Patrol Chase Anunciado TV, a searchable database of scholarly expertise across all disciplines of the University
- Discover Research at Northwestern, coverage of research discoveries as they are made
Northwestern’s Commitment to an Inclusive Environment
Northwestern University does not discriminate or permit discrimination by any member of its community against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, marital status, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by law in matters of admissions, employment, housing, or services or in the educational programs or activities it operates. Individuals who feel they have been discriminated against on the basis of any of these classes should contact the University’s Office of Equity.